[SOLVED] MKL28 v6.44f problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] MKL28 v6.44f problem

Hello,

it seems that there is problem with NXP MKL28Z512xxx7 support in software v6.44f. I'm unable to connect neither with J-Link EDU nor with onboard OpenSDA (Segger firmware). J-Flash Lite says "ERROR: Could not connect to target.", Ozone is little more specific:

Device "MKL28Z512XXX7" selected.
    InitTarget()
    Connect Under Reset
    Communication error while accessing MDM-AP.
    Connect Under Reset
    InitTarget()
    Connect Under Reset
    Connect Under Reset
    InitTarget(): PCode returned with error code -1
    InitTarget()
    Connect Under Reset
    Connect Under Reset
    InitTarget()
    Connect Under Reset
    Connect Under Reset
    InitTarget(): PCode returned with error code -1
    Connection failed

Tested with multiple FRDM-KL28Z boards, always the same results. Please, can you check this issue? Thank you.

Best regards, Martin
  • Hello Martin,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The reported behaviour was reproducible and we are currently working on a fix.
    It should be available with the next patched release.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The reported behaviour was reproducible and we are currently working on a fix.
    It should be available with the next patched release.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Hello Nino,

thank you for your reply, I'm looking forward to solution. Please, can Segger team check if K65 support is OK? My TWR-K65F180M (onboard OpenSDA probe with Segger firmware) kit exhibits behavior similar to MKL28. It is interesting that K64 and K66 (both FRDM boards, OpenSDA with Segger FW) work without problem. Thank you.

Best regards, Martin
  • Hello Martin,

The KL28 connection issue should have been fixed with the latest J-Link software version released last friday V6.44h.
    Could you verify this?
    Also we are not aware of any connection issues with a TWR-K65F180M using the SDA with J-Link FW.
    As you can see attached connection is also working there.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

33.31 kB, 646×645, viewed 337 times

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello Martin,

The KL28 connection issue should have been fixed with the latest J-Link software version released last friday V6.44h.
    Could you verify this?
    Also we are not aware of any connection issues with a TWR-K65F180M using the SDA with J-Link FW.
    As you can see attached connection is also working there.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Hello Nino,

I can confirm that latest J-Link software package works with KL28. Regarding K65 - there was wrong jumper setting on my TWR-K65F180M, it works now, my apologies. Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Martin
  • Hello Martin,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino