embUSB-Host with STM32F407VET6 example working good! (Keyboard)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embUSB-Host with STM32F407VET6 example working good! (Keyboard)

I have ported (if I may say so) the usbHost example to STM32F407VE controller but I have some questions.

1. I don't understand where is setting RCC in your example Trial_STM32F746_DISCO_USBH_HID_SES?

I was forced to add SystemClock_Config(); at begin of main.c from like Keil example.

After this changes my project with STM32F407VET6 start to run GOOD.

Thank all! :)

The post was edited 4 times, last by kkmspb: 2 Question is resolved via clear porting to STM32F407VET6 ().

• In that project the RCC settings are done inside the SystemInit() function in the system_stm32f7xx.c file.
      The RCC settings for the USB controllers are done in the function _InitUSBHw() of the respective config file (USBH_Config_STM32F7xxFS_ST_STM32F746G_Discovery.c or USBH_Config_STM32F7xxHS_ST_STM32F746G_Discovery.c).

BTW: I have read your russian guide on creating a first project with ES on the LPC1768, it is very good. Thank you, great job.
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • STM32F446 should be similar to the other STM32F4xx MCUs.

emUSB-Host always requires an RTOS, that is correct.

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• The connector on the second one looks like regular mini-b, so it probably can not be used as a host.
      With the first board you can use a regular micro OTG adapter.

• Ok, we started testing on the first board and see some strange results with a full speed hub.
      This likely is because of our errors or electric problems. But may I ask,
      is the demo version of the usb host library crippled in any way, such as error handling disabled?

-- dd
    • ddbug wrote:

But may I ask, is the demo version of the usb host library crippled in any way, such as error handling disabled?
      -- dd
      No, it is not crippled in any way.
      Are you using the debug version? The terminal output is disabled in the release version.
      Furthermore, is was USBH_ConfigSupportExternalHubs called inside USBH_X_Config with the parameter set to 1?

• Thank you Yan. USBH_ConfigSupportExternalHubs is called, and hub works, but not stable.
      We need this thing to work against a KVM that has internal hub.
      The KVM often switches back and forth, every time the hub and all devices behind it re-enumerate.
      The problem can be caused by hardware. I'll check better later.

Regards,
      -- dd