[ABANDONED] SystemView reset board on each starting loading.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SystemView reset board on each starting loading.

Hi, could I ask for help.
    Each time I start profiling, the SystemViewer resets the target.
    Is there any work around to prevent rebooting?

(the target Atmel Cortex M7, the probe is EDU )
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What target device are you debugging exactly?
    How is your setup? Do you run SystemView standalone or in parallel to a debug session in an IDE?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino, thank you for your replay.
    Did not get you, what did you mean by "How is your setup?"
    The target is ATSAME70Q21, I've tried to run it standalone as well as in parallel with debug session; result is the same. The same setup with other targets runs as expected (stm32f407 and others M4).
  • Hello,

Could you give our embOS Start Project for the SAME70 XPlained eval board a try?
    You can download the example project from our website:
    segger.com/products/rtos/embos…cortex-m-embedded-studio/

The example uses our RTOS embOS which has SystemView calls integrated so you can test it with that project.
    Does it work as expected with that example project?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. When SystemView starts recording, the board is reset and then I get the following
    error message:

Could not connect.
    Error: Failed to start recording.

The uC on the board is a Renesas R5F56519, and we are using embOs.
    I am not sure if the reset is a normal procedure of SystemView or something that I can disable (but just don't know how...)

Best regards,

Nelson Gonçalves