[ABANDONED] Dependencies not honored

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Dependencies not honored

Is it just me or does SES not keep track of dependencies correctly?

In my project, I have a single headerfile that is generated by a shellscript. The shellscript is part of the build process. We use this to insert version information from our build system, define names etc. So, it changes a file named "svnversion.h" which in turn is included in several modules. We use a shellscript that runs the shellscript (resulting in a new svnversion.h), and consequently runs emBuild. emBuild doesn't honor the changed svnversion.h.

This also happens a lot in the IDE, not even in this particular generated .h file alone but in other modules as well.

Is it broken?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Is the header file name always the same?
    Are you using dynamic virtual folders or static ones?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Yes, the header filename does not change, it's always the same.

Dynamic or static virtual folders? How do I check that?

I did notice that sometimes SES complains it cannot remove the project.dep file (where project is the project's name). It does continue compilation when that happens. Is this related to this problem?

I'm using SES 4.16 by the way but it also happened when still on 4.12.
  • Hello,

Dynamic folders have a little red arrow icon next to the generic folder picture in the Project Explorer window.

jev wrote:

I did notice that sometimes SES complains it cannot remove the project.dep file (where project is the project's name). It does continue compilation when that happens. Is this related to this problem?
    Hard to tell without any reference.
    Could you provide an example project for reproduction purposes?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Dynamic folders have a little red arrow icon next to the generic folder picture in the Project Explorer window
    In that case I'm not using dynamic folders.

I'll try and provide an example soon - prolly need a couple of days though. If you keep this thread open for now I'll make sure to attach it here.
  • Hi,

OK thanks for the feedback.
    Threads will be autoclosed after a month so it will stay open until then anyways.
    Should one of your threads be closed accidentally simply write me a PM and I can reopen them if needed.

Best regards,
    Nino