[SOLVED] Matching braces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Matching braces

Hi Guys,

I have SES 4.16 installed on 2 machines running Windows 10 x64, one is a laptop and the other one is my main desktop. On the laptop I can see the brace matching feature working very nice, I get the red vertical connecting line between braces, but on my main PC I can't get the matching braces feature to work. As far as I can tell, the Options->Text Editor are identical in both installations. Is there anywhere else I should be looking for a switch to turn on the bracket and brace matching feature?

Thank you!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can find the matching braces settings under Tools->Options->Text Editor->Visual Appearance
    Then the settings for "Mate Match off Screen" and "Mate matching mode".
    Both should be enabled so that it works.
    What are your settings there?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the reply Nino,

Yeah that's what I have, I copied the same settings from the Laptop that correctly displays matching braces, brackets, etc.
    Also, I'm running exactly the same project and settings on both machines, it's just that sometimes it is easier to work from the laptop.

Best,

Vlad
    Images
    • Options.png

36.43 kB, 1,116×751, viewed 520 times
  • Today I uninstalled and re-installed 4.16: same thing, matching braces or brackets won't show up on my desktop PC.

As you can see in the image I've posted above, both settings are enabled.

An other ideas (like some temporary files or .ini files I should be erasing or edit)?

Thanks,

Vlad
  • Hello Vlad,

The settings look correct. We will check if the issue can be reproduced on our test PCs.
    Do you see the issue with any file and project or just with a specific one?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• The issue is with any file, any project, including the nRF5_SDK_15.3.0_59ac345 examples. Only on my PC though, works fine on my laptop. Reinstalling 4.16 did not fix the problem.
    My PC:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Display:
    Name AMD Radeon HD 6450
    Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version 15.201.1151.1008

Thanks!
  • Hi Nino,

I found the issue, it was a setup problem indeed but not in the Tools->Options->Text Editor->Visual Appearance, it was in the Tools->Options->Color Scheme. I had SlickEdit selected as my default scheme on the PC and the Brace-Match Connector had no color assigned. Try it and you will see what I mean, take a look at SlickEdit default options.

Problem solved!

Thanks!

Vlad
  • Hi Vlad,

Thank you for sharing your findings.
    The Slickedit colorscheme does not have certain colors defined. In that case when using a non default Embedded Studio color scheme make sure that all functions have a color picked.

Best regards,
    Nino