[SOLVED] J-Scope fails silently on configuration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope fails silently on configuration

Hello,

I've been trying to use Segger J-Scope with our IMXRT1052 PCB (developed internally) over SWD (using a J-Link Pro, running firmware 6.42f). The program shuts down silently (with no message) upon clicking "OK" in the J-Scope Configuration dialog; this occurs both with version 5.10d and the beta version 6.11m. I'm running under Windows 10 Pro, version 1803.

I follow the following process:

1. Start J-Scope and select to create a new project.
    2. I select a USB connection, checking the Serial No box and entered my probes s/n.
    3. I select my target device, by checking the box, clicking the elipsis icon, and select the NXP MIMXRT1052DVL6B device in the dialog (clicking OK).
    4. I leave the target interface and speed at default values (SWD and 4000kHz).
    5. I leave the Sampling Source at the default value ("HSS (asynchron)").
    6. I leave the sampling period at its default value (100µs).
    7. I select the Elf file (.axf) generated by my IDE (MCUXpresso 10.2.1 Build 795).
    8. I select our jlink script file in J-scope v6.11m (which allows it to be selected, but not 5.10d)
    9. I click OK; the configuration dialog disappears, and then, after one or two seconds, the entire J-Scope application closes.

I had already loaded my application onto the processor, using MXUXpresso, and disconnected, leaving it running in external SDRAM.

What could I be doing wrong here? I was hoping this would be a fast way to check some functionality without instrumenting certain aspects of my code!

Many thanks,

Andrew Walsh.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AndrewWalsh ().

• Hello,

could you please send us the .axf file?

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

thank you for the file.
    As I suspected, the file parser crashes while parsing it.

At a first glance, this will not be difficult to fix.

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.