[SOLVED] Truestudio debugging - Problems with flash breakpoints

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Truestudio debugging - Problems with flash breakpoints

Hello,

I face some issues with flash breakpoints in my STM32L0. It seems like they sometimes are not properly removed, so the execution sometimes stops at weird code areas where it is not supposed to stop. Also, after stopping at a flash breakpoint, the single-instruction-stepping often results in hardfaults which do not occure if I use a hardware breakpoint.

I don't really know why, but to me it seems like the flash breakpoints are just not working reliably enough to use them regularily. Therefore I would like to configure the J-link not to use flash breakpoints at all. How can I achieve this in Truestudio?

thanks,

Michael
  • Hello Michael,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Which J-Link software version are you using?
    Could you provide a J-Link log file of the failing session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file
    Could you provide an example project for reproduction purposes?
    Alternatively attached you can find an Embedded Studio example project for a STM32L071.
    segger.com/downloads/embedded-studio/#ESforARM
    Is the issue reproducible for you with the example project?
    If yes could you tell us the exact reproduction steps?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Files
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.