[SOLVED] Debug and Flash of several MCU (STM32) at the same time (JTAG with Atollic TrueStudio)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Debug and Flash of several MCU (STM32) at the same time (JTAG with Atollic TrueStudio)

I have a J-Link EDU Mini. I cas succesfully program different STM32 MCU (F446 and F746) on the same JTAG bus as well as debug them at the same time.

My question is now : is it possible to program multiple MCU at the same time in order to save some time. For example, let's assume I have 1 STM32F746 [#0] on my JTAG chain and the rest is 4 identical STM32F446 (#1, #2, #3, #4).

Is there an option to flash the same program in the devices #1, #2, #3 and #4 at the same time (without changing my debug configuration).

Thank you for your help.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This is possible however most solutions leave the scope of the capabilities and licensing terms of a J-Link Edu Mini.
    For Flashing our professional production tool J-Flash can be used.
    However the J-Link EDU Mini does not have a license for that.
    With the EDU you could use a J-Link Commander script or a JLinkScript file. For more information see the J-Link user manual UM08001.

Please note that the J-Link EDU Mini may only be used for private and educational purposes only. Any use in commercial scope is not allowed and violates license terms. The inquired setup description does not sound like educational or private use so we would advise to get at least a full size J-Link Base for commercial use.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I will try to get into the scripts you are talking about and I will let you know if I manage to do what I am aiming to.

It is indeed a non-commercial project for now, the project just involve several MCU on the same board and it is not practical to flash them one by one.

Thank you again for your help !

Regards,

Théo