[SOLVED] Flashing program at specific flash address using SEGGER Embedded Studio

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flashing program at specific flash address using SEGGER Embedded Studio

Hello,

I am developing a BLE program using nRF52840 chip and SEGGER Embedded Studio. The BLE program contains softdevice + bootloader + application.
    Is there anyway I can flash and debug the application without erasing the bootloader, using SEGGER Embedded Studio? For example with the softdevice + bootloader + application my application has its starting flash address at 0x2002600, can I flash and start my application at that address?

Thank you and best regards,
    Duy
  • Hello Duy,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can set specific load addresses for your application with the linker.
    Embedded Studio comes with GNU Linker or Segger Linker.
    More information on how to use the linkers can be found in the Embedded Studio user guide if you press F1 in Embedded Studio.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.