[SOLVED] TMS570LCxx Emulated EEPROM Support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] TMS570LCxx Emulated EEPROM Support

Hello,

I believe the TMS570LCxx and RM57LCxx Texas Instruments chips (cortex-r5) that SEGGER supports only support the 4MB internal flash region mapped from 0x0 - 0x400000. However, the two chips both have another 128KB of "Emulated EEPROM", which is programmable via the same TI library, memory-mapped at 0xF0200000. However, this flash has some differences with regards to the flash controller in terms of how to program the section. It seems like today, this EEPROM (which is just flash under the hood) is not supported by SEGGER tools. A use-case example would be when I try to run the 'load' command using gdb (connected to JLinkGDBServer) on an ELF file containing loadable sections in the 0xF0200000+ region, those sections would get flashed to EEPROM. Instead, the EEPROM always appears to be untouched.

If I'm wrong, and the 128KB EEProm section is already supported by SEGGER tools, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some documentation that would help solve this problem or should it "just work" given an .srec or .elf file with sections placed at those addresses?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For the TMS570LC we currently only support the internal Flash
    segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php

To add support our open Flash loader interface can be used:
    wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

This can either be implemented by us (usually NREs apply) or by yourself.

Best regards,

Nino

PS: I just saw that we got your inquiry via e-mail as well. To make sure no information gets lost between the communication channels this thread will be closed now.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.