[ABANDONED] J-link timeouts when debugging with nRF52

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-link timeouts when debugging with nRF52

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had a disconnect/timeout problems when debugging nRF52 chips with SES under windows 10.
    I can load an start the program just fine but it will randomly disconnect with the "Target connection has been lost" message (see picture). It happens on the official dev-boards as well as on our custom boards, with the nRF52840 and nRF52832.
    For our custom boards I use a J-link v8.0 debugger and for the dev kits the onboard one.

I currently use SES 4.12 and windows 10, x64. I can try on other platforms, if needed.

Thanks for any advice!
    Images
    • Untitled.png

31.41 kB, 1,268×267, viewed 820 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Is your application using any sleep modes or WFIs?
    In that case it can happen that the debug interface gets disabled during the sleep mode.
    Are you debugging an application with a softdevice?
    In that case monitor mode debugging would be needed as the softdevice must not be stopped during execution.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I use both a softdevice and hence WFIs for bluetooth applications. I will try to:

a) remove the sleep(); function (sd_app_evt_wait())
    b) set up the monitor mode, which I wanted to set up anyway. I think I will try with this link for that, or can you recommend another source?

Thanks!