[SOLVED] Having trouble building OpenFlashLoader on SES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Having trouble building OpenFlashLoader on SES

Hi All,

I am trying to use SES 3.4 to build a flashloader which will add a device capability to JLink and JFlash. I started with the template "OpenFlashLoader CortexM Template EmbeddedStudio.zip". I found it here:

wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support…requently_Asked_Questions

That template is aid to have been built with SES 3.1. I made my mods and can successfully run the test. Trouble starts when trying to build the "Release" version. There is a long list of errors from trying to include the standard libraries. For example. it is pulling in stdio support such as getchar, putchar, and many others, though I was careful to not include any stdio routines. If I turn off the option in SES to include standard libraries, then it fails to link due to a reference to __aeabi_uldivmod. That is probably coming from a divide used in the code that sets up clocks. Also, I am getting a warning that the type of a section "PrgData" is being changed to "PROGBITS". I'm not sure if this is an issue or not.

In any case, I am open to any and all suggestions as to how I can build the release version of this code and get flashing!

Incidentally, the flashloader that I am working on is to program serial NOR flash at LPSPI3 on a target based on the NXP RT1062

Thanks,
    George
  • Hello George,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    When creating a Flash loader with the Open Flash loader template we do not recommend using any kind of third party standard libraries or even HALs etc.
    We suggest keeping the Flash loader as simple as possible as when using third party libraries etc it is not guaranteed that all program parts will link into the correct sections.
    The open Flash loader interface expects the Flash loader to link all application parts to the sections PrgCode and PrgData otherwise it won't run. If one of the used third party libraries does not link to only these two sections the Flash loader will not work.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.