[SOLVED] JFlash SPI failed to detect 256Mbit SPI flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JFlash SPI failed to detect 256Mbit SPI flash

Hi,

I am using a Jlink Ultra+ with JFlash SPI to try to program a 256Mbit SPI flash. However, it cannot detect the SPI flash.

The SPI Flash is connected to a R9A06G032NGBG. I have connected the reset line to the (R9A shared with) SPI flash reset pin. I tried disconnecting it but still cannot detect.

I tried 2 scenarios: one with board powered up and another with only the SPI powered up. Both scenarios cannot detect the SPI Flash.

I am a novice in this area and hope someone can enlighten me with a solution. Thanks very much for your prompt advice.

?(
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For clarification has the issue been resolved?
    To use J-Flash SPI J-Link must be connected to the SPI Flash directly as you correctly wrote.
    More information about the different Flashing types can be found on our Wiki:
    wiki.segger.com/SPI_Flash

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.