emWin refreshing is slow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• emWin refreshing is slow

Hello,

I am using IMXRT1050-EVKB board. I have interfaced a 2.2 TFT SPI 240X320 display module. The display module uses Il9341 driver. After GUI_Init, when I am calling
      GUI_SetBkColor(GUI_RED);
      GUI_Clear();
      GUI_Delay(10);
      GUI_SetBkColor(GUI_GREEN);
      GUI_Clear();
      GUI_Delay(10);
      GUI_SetBkColor(GUI_BLUE);
      GUI_Clear();
      GUI_Delay(10);

With the above code, I expect the background colour of TFT Display to change instantly. But I can see the background color, Red/Green/Blue scrolling from top to bottom. It is so slow, that it could be figured out visually. Even my further code displays slowly and i can see each alphabet loaded from left to right line by line. What I've known is that it should display/load any changes in one go rather than filling up character by character from top to bottom. It takes more than a second to execute each set of GUI_SetBkColor and GUI_Clear functions. My SPI bus speed is 16MHz.

I have also implemented using parallel interface with a 2.4 TFT 240X320 display module having ILI9325 driver on the same board. But still the problem persists. Kindly let me know how can I solve this issue.

Regards,
      Snehal
    • Hi,

Not sure why this takes so long.

At which speed is the MCU running?
      Is it configured properly?
      Which device are you using?

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hello Sven,

My board is clocked at 600MHz. I am using IMXRT1050-EVKB development board. I have implemented the code using SPI based ILI9341 driver and parallel interface using ILI9325 driver. The following are the configuration files for both of them.

Regards,
      Snehal
      Files