[ABANDONED] Integrating Pc-Lint plus

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Integrating Pc-Lint plus

Ide version = 4.10 for ARM
    Various posts have attempted this, some claiming success with the following tools command :-

"$(LINTDIR)\bin\pclp64.exe" -v -incvar(__CW_ARM) -i"$(LINTDIR)\lnt" "$(LINTDIR)\lnt\co-gcc.lnt" $(DEFINES) $(INCLUDES) -D__GNUC__
    -u -b +macros +macros -w2 -e537 +fie +ffn -width(0,4) -hF1 "-format=%f:%l:%C:\s%t:\s%m [-e%n]" "$(InputPath)"

However, I cannot get the following built-in macros to work : $(DEFINES) $(INCLUDES)
    Has anybody had / solved this problem ? Does it matter if I use Debug/Release/Common configurations ?
    ( Whereas others such as $(InputFileName) work fine ! )
    ( PS : I haven’t really looked at the rest of the command line yet, until those macros work there is no point ! )

Any suggestions ?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    An integration guide for external tools with Embedded Studio can be found in the Embedded Studio manual or in the manual online version:
    studio.segger.com/ide_external_tools_file_format.htm

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the reply, but I obviously read through all these notes before resorting to my initial post. My point is that the following built-in macros DO NOT WORK, they do not expand to anything when used on the command line :
    $(DEFINES)
    $(INCLUDES)

Can you think of any reason why this would be the case ?
  • Hello,

The defines work just fine on my Win7 setup. Which OS are you running on?
    Could you show a screenshot of your global macro settings?
    Tools > Options > Building > Global Macros

What values do you expect for $(DEFINES) or $(INCLUDES)? Could you provide your emProject file for reference?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Out of the blue I am now getting somewhere. The in built macros have started to work, and PC-Lint is working, but I would like to achieve the following, all advice welcome :-

I have added a PC_Lint utility as a tool, it lists the errors and warning in the output window, BUT it doesn't add them to the margin gutter in the source window.
    Can you tell me how I do this please ?

Many thanks.