[SOLVED] J-Link command enhancement - trivial but very helpful null:= step

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link command enhancement - trivial but very helpful null:= step

As there seems to have been recent activity in the j-link application,
    I re-issue this request perhaps more nearly.

When using j-link from the command line (like Mac OS terminal),
    pressing enter (without any other characters rather than moe, men, set, regs..., s )
    It would be really beneficial if that were interpreted as 's' i.e. step rather than reporting:
    "Unknown command. '?' for help."

Thank you,
    Sincerely,
    DG12
  • Hello DG12,

Thank you for your feedback.
    We will discuss internally if this could be implemented in future. However currently we see the issue that it could break backwards compatibility to customers using commands scripts which could result to unexpected behaviour.
    Should you be looking into writing your own custom version of J-Link Commander we also offer the J-Link SDK which comes with the J-Link Commander source as an example so you can modify it as you see fit.
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • To prevent backward compatibility problems with command scripts what about adding a command line flag (simply since there is already a significant list of flags) like -stepOnEnter. I think this would be useful for most users.
    Thank you for you consideration.