[SOLVED] J-Trace and IAR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    IAR unfortunately does not support any streaming trace features.
    For the best trace experience we recommend using Ozone the J-Link debugger.
    It can be used for free with a J-Trace PRO and works with IAR output formats. So you can compile your application with your current IDE and debug it in Ozone with all J-Trace PRO features active.
    segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/

A List with Tested Devices for tracing can be found here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…echnology/tested-devices/

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino

Thanks for your prompt response.

Am I correct that the J-Trace has a 64 MB on-board trace buffer? If so, can one get IAR EWARM to work with that? The first J-Traces, without streaming trace, made use of a on-board buffer and it work quite well with EWARM. I know that I won't be using the great streaming capability, but at least I will be able to do some tracing with EWARM and my new J-Trace ;-).

Thanks,
    Gawie
  • Hello Gawie,

Yes IAR will utilize the 64 MB on board buffer so depending of the target speed and created trace data this can be enough to reconstruct the last couple of seconds.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.