[SOLVED] Sow to determine MAC address used for SES License

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Sow to determine MAC address used for SES License

We are using node-locked licensing for our multiple copies of SES. Unfortunately, many of the PCs have more than one ethernet port, and thus more than one MAC address. I've seen one PC with FOUR different MAC addresses! Twice now, I have provided a MAC address to obtain a license, only to discover that SES is using a different MAC address for validation, so the license doesn't work. Then I have to put in a request to get the license regenerated with the correct MAC address.

How can I accurately predict which MAC address SES will use to validate the license, so that I can make sure that the correct address is sent the first time?

Russ
  • Hello Russ,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    If I see correctly you have purchased Mac locked ES licenses.
    In that case at some point you provided our sales team with MAC addresses of your PCs to lock the licenses to. Additionally you should have received a downloadlink where you can access your licenses.
    Is this correct so far?
    Each license should come with its own .zip file which contains the license and a .txt with it. That .txt will show which MAC address the license is locked to.
    Now you need to install this license on the correct PC. To get a list of available MAC addresses on your PC open ES->Tools->License Manager->Diagnose Problems.
    This should give you a list of all available addresses. Now simply match this with your received license and you should be good to go.

For future support related inquiries we recommend using our ticket system as this forum is not a support forum and is not as actively monitored as our ticket system.
    More information can be found in my signature.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Nino,

You missed the point of the question. To get a license file, I must first provide a MAC address to which it will be locked. If a PC has multiple MAC addresses, how do I determine which one to provide?

Russ
  • Hi Russ,

Oh OK, I assumed you already gave our sales team the MAC addresses, sorry for the confusion.
    When choosing the "right" MAC address we recommend choosing a physical one which is build into your PC, like the Ethernet controller or build in Wifi.
    If you are not sure which to choose simply provide our sales team with all devices available under ES->Tools->License Manager->Diagnose Problems.
    They will then figure out the right MAC addresses for you.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.