[SOLVED] J-Link support for ZGM130S037HGN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link support for ZGM130S037HGN

We are planing on using the ZGM130S037HGN from silabs. Would like to use the J-Link programmer to program the chip. I understand support might be included in the next Beta Release. When is support for the ZGM130S037HGN scheduled for? How can I get access to Beta release if it supports ZGM130S037HGN?

Thanks,

CFV
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We can't find any information about the ZGM130S037HGN. Could you provide a reference link?
    What Coretype is it?
    Currently supported devices can be found here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…pported-cpus-and-devices/

Should your Core type be listed you can also add support yourself:

wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The ZGM130S037HGN is a Silicon Labs chip (like the EFM8) Segger also supports the EFR32FG13PxxxF512 from Silicon Labs. The core is an M4.

I'll try the instructions that you provided for "Using a Precompiled Flashloader". Also I forgot to mention that I'm using the Linux ARM version of J-Link.

I'll let you know if that works.

Thanks,

CFV

I tried the instructions:

1. Open JLinkDevices.xml in a text editor and add the device entry at the beginning, right after the <Database> opening tag.
      Example:
      <!-- This entry will overwrite the existing device entry in the J-Link software, so that a custom flash algorithm is used for the internal flash --> <ChipInfo Vendor="ST" Name="STM32F767ZI" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M7" /> <FlashBankInfo Name="Internes Flash" BaseAddr="0x08000000" MaxSize="0x00200000 " Loader="ST_STM32F7xxxx_2MB_DualBank.elf" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" /> </Device>
    2. Copy the flashloader file, referenced in the JLinkDevices.xml entry, into the same directory where also the JLinkDevices.xml is located (in this example ST_STM32F7xxxx_2MB_DualBank.elf).

The problem is that I don't have an .elf loader file. Where would I get the appropriate file for my device?

The post was edited 2 times, last by cvicens ().

• Hello,

cvicens wrote:

The problem is that I don't have an .elf loader file. Where would I get the appropriate file for my device?
    You need to write your own. How is explained here:
    wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support…ng_SEGGER_Embedded_Studio
    There is no precompiled flash loader for this device yet as the target device is unknown to us.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.