[SOLVED] JLink OB on Nordic nRF52 Dongle on Mac

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink OB on Nordic nRF52 Dongle on Mac

I cannot get my mac to see the nRF52 Dongle ( pca10059 ). nRF Connect can see the device. The device shows up in /dev/tty. I'm running os10.14, jlink 6.42. I've seen this as an old issue that was fixed about 4 years ago with nRF51 Dongles. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mron: Clarify os ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Mron wrote:

I've seen this as an old issue that was fixed about 4 years ago with nRF51 Dongles. Any help is appreciated.
    If that is the case then it should work with nRF52 as all eval boards known to us with nRF and J-Link OB use the exactly same J-link OB.

Looking at the referenced dongle it seems like there is not J-link OB at all:
    nordicsemi.com/Software-and-To…ment-Kits/nRF52840-Dongle

Nordic wrote:

The dongle has been designed to be used as a wireless HW device together with nRF Connect for Desktop. For other use cases please do note that there is no debug support on the Dongle, only support for programming the device and communicating through USB.
    Without a J-Link OB no J-Link software can be used.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.