How to calculate recommended memory for TreeView Widget

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to calculate recommended memory for TreeView Widget

Hi,

I have created a treeView widget with nodes and leafs. The memory does not cause problems for now. But If I attach more nodes it can be cause memory problem in the feature. So I want to calculate recommended memory for treeView. I reviewed user manual. There are some widget's memory consumption with given hardware and software specs. But I cant find information about treeview widget and it is not clear for me. So How can i estimate recommended memory for treeView widget ?
      Thanks in advance...

Best Regards,
      Emin ATEŞ
    • Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such information available. But, each Item requires about 40 Bytes + some bytes for a set string ("TEXT" would be 5 additional bytes.) If the items have bitmaps set it would require another 12 bytes (saving 3 pointers 3 possible bitmaps). Not sure if I missed something..

But you could also add an Item to a TREEVIEW and check num free bytes before and after.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.