[ABANDONED] DAP error while reading DP-Ctrl-Stat register

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] DAP error while reading DP-Ctrl-Stat register

Dear Team,

Controller Used: Toshiba TX03 series TMPM3xx Microcontroller. (ARM Cortex M3)
    IDE Used: IAR EMbedded Workbench
    Jlink Version: 6.16h
    Jlink Debug Interface: SWD

First let me tell that the complete set up was working fine and I was able to flash and run the programs, And I have not changed any hardware connection or configurations.

--> At some point of time, I wrote to peripheral register without waiting for a specific time (specification says to wait for some CPU CLK cycles) after peripheral reset. After this point I was not able to flash the the board. whenever I try to do 'download and debug' on IAR, a pop-up appears saying "DAP error while reading DP-Ctrl-Stat register" (refer attachment snap1.jpg, iar.log and 1.txt).

--> I tried to erase chip using segger j-flash lite 6.16h, but it failed with error. (please refer attachment jfalsh_lite.txt)

--> I tried to execute some Jlink commands using jlink.exe (I could connect), but some are failing. (please refer to attachment jlink_commands.txt)

Please help me to figure out what has gone wrong.

TIA,
    Niaar
    Images
    • snap1.JPG

15.9 kB, 335×142, viewed 745 times
    Files
    • 1.txt

(3.02 kB, downloaded 632 times, last: )
    • jfalsh_lite.txt

(2.53 kB, downloaded 530 times, last: )
    • jlink_commands.txt

(3.26 kB, downloaded 667 times, last: )
    • iar.log

(4.98 kB, downloaded 741 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by Niar ().

• Hello Niaar,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Niar wrote:

--> At some point of time, I wrote to peripheral register without waiting for a specific time (specification says to wait for some CPU CLK cycles) after peripheral reset. After this point I was not able to flash the the board. whenever I try to do 'download and debug' on IAR, a pop-up appears saying "DAP error while reading DP-Ctrl-Stat register" (refer attachment snap1.jpg, iar.log and 1.txt).
    This error message usually pops up if the target device is in a "confused" state due to e.g. the wrong register write.
    In some cases this can be recovered with a simple power on reset or if the chip implements it J-Link can try a recovery sequence.
    First we noticed you are using a rather old J-Link software version.
    We recommend installing the latest one.
    After that could you try to connect to the target device using J-Link Commander?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

If that works there is a good chance that the target device has been recovered. If the error still pops up there is not much we can do. In that case we suggest contacting Toshiba support and ask if there is some recovery sequence that could be executed.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thank you for your reply.

SEGGER - Nino wrote:

We recommend installing the latest one.

After that could you try to connect to the target device using J-Link Commander?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

If that works there is a good chance that the target device has been recovered.

I have installed latest version (6.42b) and tried connecting using Jlink Commander and I can connect(refer attachment Jlink_commander_log.txt). (Using older version also I was able to connect)

But IAR is still giving the same pop-up when I am trying to do 'download and debug'. Any clue why is it so ?
    Files