[ABANDONED] JLink RT1052 flash problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLink RT1052 flash problem

Hello,

When i start JLinkGDBServerCL (6.40 or v6.41beta) with a script file, i cannot erase flash of my board
    It's an EmbeddedArtist SOM RT1052 / MIMXRT1052DVL6B / SWD .
    I saw that there is a time out error while erasing.

If I start without a script file everything is ok, but I cannot access external memory (that's the reason why I need a script file).

Even if the file is empty, I get the same error.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks
    Etienne
  • Hello Etienne,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you provide the S/N of your J-Link?
    What is the exact error message you are seeing?
    Could you provide a J-Link log of the failed session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I forgot something...
    EmbeddedArtist SOM has a 4 MByte EcoXiP from Adesto

I follow the EmbeddedArtist tutorial & I changed the loader description in the jlinkdevices.xml

<Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="NXP" Name="MIMXRT1052xxxxB" WorkRAMAddr="0x20000000" WorkRAMSize="0x00080000" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M7" Aliases="MIMXRT1052xxx5B; MIMXRT1052CVL5B; MIMXRT1052xxx6B; MIMXRT1052DVL6B" />
    <FlashBankInfo Name="HyperFlash" BaseAddr="0x60000000" MaxSize="0x04000000" Loader="Devices/NXP/iMXRT105x/NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" />
    </Device>
  • Hello,

Thank you for providing the logs.
    The Flash loader used here has been developed to work with a IMXRT1050-EVKB board.
    To work on the embedded artists board all QSPI connections must be identical. If not the Flash loader must be recompiled.
    Additionally for QSPI Flash programming to work several hardware modifications were necessary on the IMXRT1050-EVKB board. This is probably the case for the Embedded Artists board as well.

See here for mode details:
    wiki.segger.com/I.MXRT1050#QSPI_flash

For board specific questions we suggest contacting Embedded Artists support.

From J-Link perspective everything is working as expected on the supported IMXRT1050-EVKB board.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.