GUI_ExecCreatedDialog from Dialog callback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

GUI_ExecCreatedDialog() is a blocking function. Although, you can call it from a notification message I would recommend to use the non blocking vartiant GUI_ExecDialogBox().

Regards,

Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thank you Sven,

I think I lost myself in my window hierarchy :)

I have:

One dialog A created with GUI_CreateDialogBox, parent is WM_HBKWIN, executed via GUI_ExecCreatedDialog.

works, emwinspy shows me the expected window hierarchy

This Dialog creates another dialog B on a button WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED Message via GUI_CreateDialogBox and GUI_CreateDialogBox, parent is Dialog A. Dialog B consists of several MULTIPAGE pages.

B should be modal to A

works, emwinspy shows me the expected window hierarchy, parent of the framewin of dialog B is the framewin of dialog A. All multipages are childs of the framewin-client of dialog B

But when i switch from page one to page two, the window hierarchy changes. All multipages are child of the root window. I use WM_UNATTACHED for the pages as seen in your MULTIPAGE sample.

And now, Dialog C, created via WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED message of Dialog B, created via GUI_CreateDialogBox and executed via GUI_ExecCreatedDialog, parent is Dialog B. Dialog C should be modal to Dialog B, does not work anymore. To make the things mor difficult: Dialog C, modal to Dialog B, modal to Dialog A should create a keypad with WM_CreateWindowAsChild wich should stay in front of all other windows :)

Where is my problem? The WM_UNATTACHED dialogs of the Multipages?

Thank you
      Martin