[SOLVED] emBuild usage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] emBuild usage

Hi,
    I am using ebmBuild to build my SES project ( integration into CI project ).
    Project is nrf52840 based.

The artifacts from that build ( app.hex , and s140_nrf52_6.1.0_softdevice.hex ) should be later programmed using nrfgprog utility.

Do I need to specify a programming flash address when manually programming the hex files ? ( or does the tool finds out where to burn them , if so - how ? )

Thanks,
    Ran
  • Hello Ran,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Generally addresses for hex files do not need to be passed as hex file contain address information within themselves.
    However the nrfgprog utility is not our software but made by Nordic Semi so we can't comment on the exact parameters that are needed to launch it properly. We suggest contacting Noridc in that regard.
    Anyways to use any external tool after a build you can use the post build command project option in Embedded Studio. There you can specify any CL tool which then will be executed after the build has finished.
    If you use the same emProject file in emBuild later it will executed that same steps as well.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.