[SOLVED] Debug and program with J-Link EDU problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Debug and program with J-Link EDU problem

Hello everybody,
    I'm trying to debug and flash my first program (turn on one LED) using J-Link EDU. The CPU I'm using is STM32L431CC. I'm able to connect to CPU with J-Link GDB Server, but I'm unable to debug with any program (e.g. TrueStudio or KEIL) except Ozone, that works perfectly. I also tried to flash the program using J-Flash Lite and J_Commander and I flashed both hex and bin file without any apparent problem (the operation is done without errors), but the LED remain off. I compiled the program with the official ARM toolchain and also with TrueStudio or KEIL, but the behavior is still the same.

What's wrong? Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you for any suggestion
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    To summarize, using Ozone and J-Link tools your application can be programmed and debugged. Only third party tools are not working?
    Are you using custom hardware or an eval board?
    Could you provide a sample application for reproduction purposes?
    Alternatively we suggest using one of our embOS examples instead and modifiy it to fit your board, as the default project for embOS is also a blinky LED project.
    segger.com/products/rtos/embos…cortex-m-embedded-studio/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    thank you for your reply.
    Using Ozone I can debug, but third party software are not working. I attached an image from J-Link GDB server when I connect the target (only as example to check the right connection) and the TrueStudio console output when the debug is paused and when is restarted.
    Using J-Link Flash Lite the software seems is flashed without errors, but doesn't works.
    I use a custom hardware and I also attached a sample application

I hope you could have some suggestion I can try.

Best regards
    Images
    • GDB server.jpg

122.33 kB, 843×702, viewed 759 times
    • jflash lite.jpg

26.05 kB, 464×447, viewed 592 times
    Files
  • Hello,

From J-Link perspective everything seems to be working as expected. Connection and download works as well as debugging in Ozone.
    Please understand that we can't put more time into this as the issue is most likely related to a incorrect Turestudio setup or similar which is maintained and supported by Atollic.
    In that case we suggest contacting Atollic.
    One more thing that you could check is if the Atollic settings are correct. A guide can be found on our website:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…/ides/atollic-truestudio/

Edit:
    Alternatively we suggest using Embedded Studio instead. With the project wizard you should be able to have a simple hello world project in 2-3 minutes.
    After that works you could simply add the Cube MX sources manually and have a running setup.
    segger.com/products/development-tools/embedded-studio/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.