Atmel EDBG + JTAG = wrong disassembly (SAMA5D2)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Atmel EDBG + JTAG = wrong disassembly (SAMA5D2)

      I have been playing around with a SAMA5D2 Xplained board.

      It seems that if EDBG is re-programmed as Jlink, code disassembly is treated as *big* endian by mistake when using JTAG. This results in 'garbage' instructions.

      SWD works fine (little endian instructions)

      Also when using JTAG I have noticed writing to memory via JTAG is not reliable (sometimes top bit is not set). SWD looks OK.


      P
    • Hello,

      Thank you for your inquiry.
      Such an issue is not known to us.
      What software are you using to connect/debug to your target device and what version?
      Could you provide an example project for reproduction purposes for either Ozone or Embedded Studio?
      segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/
      segger.com/products/development-tools/embedded-studio/


      Best regards,

      Nino
      Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

      Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
      Alternatively our support ticketing system can be used as well: segger.com/ticket/
    • Hello,

      I noticed the problem with both Eclipse and VisualGDB. Switching to SWD solved the problem in both cases.

      I tried several recent versions of Jlink software and the result was the same - wrong endian instructions are displayed.

      It's not a big problem (SWD works fine). I just thought I would mention it here to inform other ATSAMA5 users...