[SOLVED] CMSIS-RTOS support - parallel use of APIs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] CMSIS-RTOS support - parallel use of APIs

Hello,

from previous threads in this forum, I foud out that there is a (non-public) CMSIS-RTOS1/2 layer for embOS. I also found out that
    Segger doesn't advise to use it because it limits the usable features.
    However I am in the situation that I have to provide libraries to be used in other branches of out enterprise that use other RTOSes.
    The required functionality in this libraries is very basic. (eg. making some accesses thread safe).
    Is it possible to use the CMSIS_RTOS API in the libraries (and an adapter layer) and the full embOS API in the application code?

Where can I get the CMSIS-RTOS layer?

Best Regards,
    Christian
  • Hello Christian,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do in fact provide appropriate layers for both the CMSIS-RTOS v1.0.2 and CMSIS-RTOS v2.1.0 API, but also, as you already noticed, do not recommend to use them in a product for several reasons (limited number of features, decreased performance, etc). If their usage in a product is mandatory, however, as it seems in your case, there is no restriction on mixing the CMSIS-RTOS API with native embOS API. Therefore, it's perfectly possible to use CMSIS-RTOS API in a library while using native embOS API in the application itself.

To obtain either of the CMSIS-RTOS layers v1 or v2, please contact our sales department for an official quote.
    Also, please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.