Displaying other languages

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Displaying other languages

Is there a recommended way to display multiple languages spanning multiple font files?

I have a SWIPELIST that is a language selection menu. I would like to display the options in the native language. I don't have a single font file with every language in it.

I would like the menu to appear as such:

- Language -
    English ✓
    中文
    日本人
    Türk
    عربى

I did try building .c files for each individual font, and then handcrafting a 'master' font file by editing the 'GUI_CHARINFO_EXT' manually, but this did not seem to work. I probably missed something along the way, plus I could not find anything in the emWin manual about doing anything like this. Short of creating my own font with each character I need, is there any way of doing this?

**Edit**
    I spent the morning creating a custom font file with all the characters from all the languages that I needed. It works great, and then I saw the "Merge 'C' File..." option in the file menu of emWin Font Converter. I haven't used it yet, but I imagine it does exactly what I was trying to do manually above. This is in the emWin manual, page 286.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JimJamUrCode: Found a new option ().

• Hi,

Correct, thats what the FonConverter tool is made for. Editing (including merging) of fonts to be used with emWin.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.