Widgets do not display correctly without MEMDEV

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Widgets do not display correctly without MEMDEV

I have a dialog that unless I activate memdev, along with other widgets, text rendering fails to draw anything. I am trying to set the TextColor to GUI_WHITE but it does not render at all.

If I invoke WM_EnableMemdev during the WM_INIT_DIALOG on several of the widgets then then it works. This also applies to other windows that I am using.

Thanks,
    Mathew
  • Hi,

Did you created the dialog with the GUIBuilder?
    If yes, which background color does the dialog have?

The default is white, meaining if the text color is set to white too, you won't see any text beeing displayed.

There is no need to use memory devices to be able to display text.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Sven,

It was not created using the GUI builder. I have tried several things to get it to show to no avail.

I have also noticed the following calls are not having an effect on what is rendered:

FRAMEWIN_SetDefaultBarColor(0, GUI_RED);
    FRAMEWIN_SetDefaultBarColor(1, GUI_RED);

Similarly, FRAMEWIN_SetDefaultClientColor does not seem to affect the rendering either. I am currently trying to determine why that might be.

It seems that I get the default no matter what the settings of the other items.

Mathew
  • Hi Sven,

Thank you for the response. It was very helpful and in pursuing the problem I identified a problem with a part of the driver for the screen. Specifically, a missed implementation in the 1BPP bitmap write implementation in GUIDRV_Template.

Sorry about the confusion.

Kind regards,
    Mathew