EDIT widget does not get NumPad value

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• EDIT widget does not get NumPad value

Hallo everyone,

I'm using the stm32f429i-disc1 Board without a RTOS, just a superloop with emWin.
      I want to have a main site with a menu. The menu (several buttons) has the origin (0,0).
      If you want to try it, you have to set #define NUM_VSCREENS 2 in the LCDConfig.c file.
      The second site has the origin (0,320) and the content of the second site depends on which button has been pressed. If there are an EDIT widget a Window with a Numpad will be shown. My Problem is, that I can't edit numbers to the EDIT widget.
      I have already seen the WIDGET_Numpad.c example, but it did not helped.

The MainTask() funktion is not called in an infinite loop.

I would be glad, if somebody can help me.

If you need more information, just ask me.

Kind regards, Wladimir
      MyProject.zip
    • Hi,

Did you made sure that the EDIT widget has the focus while pressing the numpad buttons?
      What if you call EDIT_AddKey(hEdit, Key) where key is one of the numbers like this:

Press numpad 1 - call EDIT_AddKey(hEdit, '1');
      Press numpad 2 - call EDIT_AddKey(hEdit, '2');

You can also try to call BUTTON_SetFocusable(hButton, 0) and the buttons won't steal the focus of the EDIT widget. Of course, you have to set the focus to the EDIT widget first.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thank you for your answer.

I do not know which field has the focus. The focus of the Buttons is disabled.
      I do not use GUI_ExecDialogBox() for the Dialogs with the EDIT widgets. If I would use GUI_ExecDialogBox(), the Window won't be shown. So I use GUI_CreateDialogBox().
      Can you tell me, why the window does not appear when I use the GUI_ExecDialogBox() function? Do I have to add GUI_Exec()?

Are you from Germany? I would prefer to write in German, if you understand it.

Regards,

Wladimir