Touch EDIT Field caret not updating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Touch EDIT Field caret not updating

Hi all,

I'm having a small issue with the EmWin EDIT widget. Specifically, I'm having some trouble with the position of the caret in the Edit widget. I'm using EmWin with a touchscreen display. The caret seems to only get set on the first "pressed"/button-down event. For instance, if I press a Edit widget, I see the caret appearing in the field. If I keep my finger pressed and drag it to another Edit field, the focus correctly changes to this other edit field (typing will result in text appearing in the second edit widget), however the caret will remain in the initial widget. Also, if I press the touchscreen, initially miss the edit field, but then drag my finger to the edit field I would like to type in before releasing my finger, I get the same behaviour: no caret in the widget, but typing does work! This is confusing behaviour I'd like to solve if at all possible, but I'm really not sure where to start looking!

Edit: During testing I'm using a USB Keyboard to enter in characters.

Thank you for your help!
      Willem

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pusheen9000 ().