[SOLVED] Template configuration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Template configuration

I am trying to make custom template for the LPC11Cxx CPU. I have issues with project file generation, as I dont know what property I need to include to change parameters.

One thing that is bugging me is filter of the target devices. I want to filter out selection to only "LPC11C" devices. I have property for autoselect default mcu with option of selection, but when I click on modify it shows me list of all mcu's.

Source Code

1. <property name="arm_target_device_name" value="LPC11C14/301" choose="Yes"/>

Other thing that is bugging me is when the project is created it creates by default following linker option

Source Code

1. linker_section_placements_segments="FLASH RX 0x00000000 0x00008000;RAM RWX 0x10000000 0x00002000"
    That option creates build error because startup assembly is expecting SRAM and not RAM

Source Code

1. #ifndef __NO_SYSTEM_INIT
    2. ldr r0, =__SRAM_segment_end__
    3. mov sp, r0
    4. bl SystemInit
    5. #endif
    What do I need to include in project_templates.xml to fix these two issues ?

Thanks
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    How are you setting up your project currently? We suggest using our CPU Support Packages that are based on the CMSIS device family packs.
    segger.com/products/developmen…o/technology/cpu-support/
    Creating new projects using the project wizard with the packages should set up all dependencies as needed, including the correct memory segments.
    Should you see an error with the packages feel free to inform us, we will fix it then accordingly.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I am using custom configuration as I want to include some precompiler definitions and library path in the template. I have created a template in a projects xml file, but there are those few things that doesn’t work for me..

I would rather have my own project template then to use generic ones..as I have more control on how wizard creates the skeleton application for me.

I would appreciate help in creating a template, well to fix these issues I have.
  • Hello,

Gossamer wrote:

I would rather have my own project template then to use generic ones..as I have more control on how wizard creates the skeleton application for me.

I would appreciate help in creating a template, well to fix these issues I have.
    Please understand that we can't assist you in this matter as this would exceed regular support.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.