[SOLVED] Restricted memory range in watch window

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Restricted memory range in watch window

when debugging, a pointer which point to peripheral register, i want to show it in the watch window , the watch windows shows "Restricted memory range", does it reasonable?
    sorry for my poor English.
    TKS very much.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This message is usually shown if the variable you are watching is not inside the defined target devices memory map.
    This is e.g. the case for peripheral registers which are not part of system RAM or Flash.

Alternatively we suggest using the Registers window in Embedded Studio. If you provide the correct register description file to Embedded Studio you can also follow changes in the register.

EDIT: In the latest Embedded Studio version this behaviour can be enabled or disabled via project option. Default is the restriction is on.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • THANK YOU very much.
    Yes, It is.
    But in my opinion, segger embedded studio is a sharp knife, It's NOT wise to restrict the usage of SES ,
    some people may want to show the peripheral register in the watch window, others may want to show it in the register window.
    as IDE, It should provide more possibility, not restrictions.
    No One define the watch window could watching the RAM And FLASH Only.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 565122745 ().