[SOLVED] ***** Error: Failed to prepare for programming. RAM check failed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ***** Error: Failed to prepare for programming. RAM check failed

Hello,

I have a problem with the J-Link device. I'm debugging for a longert time with J-Link V4.80d on an Windows7 system with CLion without problems. Now for a new colleage I'm trying to set up a new system with a new J-Link on a windows 10 system. The settings in CLion are exactly the same, but for J-Link I have to use the new version 6.40. Now I have problems to flash my device (STM32F407IG). In The log file I have found the message "***** Error: Failed to prepare for programming.
    RAM check failed..." but I have no idea, what the problem is. I have attached the log file.

Perhaps someone here can point me to the problem.

Thanks
    Files
    • Jlink.log

(183.35 kB, downloaded 256 times, last: )
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Could you verify general functionality using Ozone? segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/
    Are you using an eval board or custom hardware?
    Is this issue happening with other projects as well or just this particular?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.