[ABANDONED] J-Flash Lock XMC1400 after programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Flash Lock XMC1400 after programming

Hello,

I like to be able to lock the Infineon XMC1400 after programming. For this the BMI (boot mode index) needs to be changed from UMD (programming mode) to UPM (production mode, locked).

I created a J-Flash project and found the possibility to define exit steps. I defined the steps to call the rom function that sets the BMI.
    Adding 'Comment' steps do not appear in the logging, Reading registers aren't shown either.
    It appears that the Init steps and Exit steps are not executed when using Production Programming. The programming of Flash works, and the build-in BMI change from ASC to UMD woks as well.

What are the conditions neccesary to execute ?
    What is the state of the CPU and power after programming but before execute the Exit steps ?
    Are there other possibilities of using J-Link+ to set the BMI ?
  • Things are a bit clearer. to share my finding:

What are the conditions necessary to execute ?
    It is always executed; adding a delay of 200ms showed that programming time was 2s longer.

Via Options->GlobalSettings set the general log level to Level 3 to see the loggin as shown below.

Log output:

- Executing exit sequence ...
    - //
    // Starting set BMI
    //
    - Executing Delay (150 ms)
    - Executing Read 16bit (0x10000E00)
    - Executing Write Register (R0, 0x0000F8C1)
    - Executing Write Register (PC(R15), 0x00000108)
    - Executing Go ()
    - Executing Delay (2000 ms)
    - Executing Read 16bit (0x10000E00)
    - De-initialized successfully

Unfortunately, the Read values can not be shown.

The called ROM function at 0x108 with argument 0xF8C1 does not succeed because the wanted side effect is not there. Is it necessary to set other registers as well?

Anybody has similar experience?

What is the state of the CPU and power after programming but before execute the Exit steps ?

Are there other possibilities of using J-Link+ to set the BMI ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Robert040: clarify question ().