[ABANDONED] SES unable to open directory to read

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SES unable to open directory to read

Hello all,
    New to this page, and to SES and Nordic devices, but here goes,

I have inherited a dev project based on the nrf51 series SOC. The app I inherited was developed using an early nrf51 SDK (v 11 I believe). I am hoping to port the app to SES using SDK 12.3. With Nordic help I can not compile and build, but the app does not run. During debug I get an error message that the it has reached an unknown function at an address. When trying to show the source code, SES cannot open the SES direcoty to read. The path length to the directory is considerably less than the 260 char Windows limit. The security for the path is wide open.

Thanks
    Robin@TL
  • Hello Robin,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Which ES version are you currently using?
    Could you provide a screenshot of the error message?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Nello Nino,
    I posted the window message in my original entry. Not sure where it went. Here it is again.
    Thanks for the support
    Robin
    Images
    • image.png

16.96 kB, 694×184, viewed 475 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by robinsra818: Hello again Nino, I am now up and running under SES, but what I have noted is that randomly SES fails to build stating it cannot delete .asm files for source that is not in assembler code. It takes several attempts to get it to build, but once it does, it will build find until I make another minor change to the code. This seems to happen after a failed build due to a syntax error. Any clues what may be going on here? Thanks Robin ().

• Hello,

Could you verify that this exact path is existing on your system, including possible typos?
    If not it might be a fragment of the porting process.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello again Nino,
    Here is the path copied directly from windows explorer:
    C:\NordicSDKs\nRF5_SDK_12.3.0_d7731ad\examples\ble_peripheral\ble_app_uart\pca10028\s130\ses
    No typos noted, please be a second set of eyes for me.
    Robin