[ABANDONED] Memry change in imxrt application

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Memry change in imxrt application

According the wiki page :
    wiki.segger.com/I.MXRT1050#QSPI_flash :

1. Open the JLinkDevices.xml (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V631d\JLinkDevices.xml
    2. Search the desired iMXRT <Device> entry
    3. Change Loader="Devices/NXP/iMXRT105x/NXP_iMXRT105x_HyperFlash.elf" to Loader="Devices/NXP/iMXRT105x/NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf"
    4. Save the JLinkDevices.xml
    And we are able to programm the qspi without any problem. . This elf file is also setting the qe bit ?.
    Because with the standard qspi on the evk the qe bit is set but if we use another memory the qe bit is not set .
    We need to write it manually after that all is working.

I sow that in IAR when changing the qspi model also the loade must change opening a project and adding the new memory.
    Is NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI source project available in a way that we can add our device and use the segger for the production withour add the qe bit manually ?.

Thanks and regards,

B.
  • Hi BPancr,

no the elf-file doesn't set the QE bit.
    Only in case the QE bit has been set before flash programming the flash algo will clear QE bit before start of programming and enable it afterwards again,
    because the flash-algorithm uses SingleSPI for programming and not QuadSPI.
    Which SPIFlash do you use, the algo supports several more SPI Flashes not only the one on the EVK?

Regards,
    Sebastian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Sebastian,
    Thanks for your explanation.
    The memory is programmed in a proper way but not the QE bit. So this is clear, since you said that is not setting the qe bit.
    I sow that an application note in NXP AN12183 using IAR with EVK was changing a loader project due to the QE setting (new memory -> new id > so qe setting was skipped due to unknonw position ).
    So I was thinking that the elf file was also programming the QE bit that allow the memory to be used as quad spi for XIP.
    In teory if customer want to use the QSPI the QE bit must be set so probably after the programming could be nice add one line to set the qe bit in the elf file .
    But if customer want to use jlink in production they need not only the bin copied ina proper way but also the qe bit set in a proper way.

Are you going to release that project ?.
    So that a customer can modify and add the specific qe bit setting. SingleSPi is quite common so probably will work for several memory but QE bit position in srs register normally change.

B.