[ABANDONED] Segger Embedded Studio project does not run code without press reset button

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Segger Embedded Studio project does not run code without press reset button

Hi All,

I am using NRF51822 microprocessor and Nordic SDK 12.3. I build and download my project with Keil and GCC but I want to migrate my project to "Seggers Embedded Studio for ARM". After following the tutorial about migration from KEIL to SEGGER (devzone.nordicsemi.com/b/blog/…udio-a-cross-platform-ide), i have been able to import my project into Embedded Studio and upload the code using the "Build and Run" button. However, after uploading the firmware to the NRF51-DK board, I must click on-board reset button to make my firmware working (with segger 3.34 and 4.10). This problem is not visible in KEIL and GCC. (When the code is starting correctly, LED1 and LED2 is on and bluetooth advertisement is active on NRF51-DK.) Also, while i am debugging with segger, i did not see any error and the code is starting correctly without press reset button.
    My sample example is here.(github.com/srcnert/NRF51_Template_Segger_Keil_GCC). You must create a folder inside the SDK 12.3.0 folder and paste my template project inside this new folder to build my sample project. Additionally, this is the nordic forum topic about same issue.(devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordi…ithout-press-reset-button)

What is the problem of the segger embedded studio and how can I get the code to automatically run without press reset button?

Thanks everybody for their helps.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Nordic has a partnership with SEGGER so the latest SDK version 15.2.0 will also have Embedded Studio projects that work out-of-the-box.
    Could you give that SDK a try and see if the behaviour improves?

secondbest wrote:

What is the problem of the segger embedded studio and how can I get the code to automatically run without press reset button?
    Sounds like your application requires some bootloader or similar to be run before executing the application. Is this the case?
    If you are using e.g. the softdevice from Nordic make sure to implement it in your Embedded Studio project as show in the example projects in the 15.2.0 SDK.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Firstly thank you for your response. NRF51822 did not support SDK 15.2. Newest SDK for NRF51822 is SDK 12.3.

I implemented softdevice to my project. When I press the reset button after the code downloaded, the code is running without any error. Also, i can debug the code without any error or without need to press the reset button. Also, I try to implement bootloader but nothing changed.

Do you have any other suggestion?
  • Hello,

what kind of board are you using? Evalboard or custom hardware?
    Is the reset pin connected to the debug interface?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

We have that board in house. Could you provide us with an example project for reproduction purposes?

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi Nino,

My sample example is here.(github.com/srcnert/NRF51_Template_Segger_Keil_GCC). You must create a folder inside the SDK 12.3.0 folder and extract my template project inside this new folder to build it. "src" folder destination must be like this "$SDK_FOLDER_DESTINATION\nRF5_SDK_12.3.0\New folder\NRF51_Template_Segger_Keil_GCC\src". You can also try keil and gcc compiler.

Thank you for your help.

Edit:
    When the code is starting correctly, LED1 and LED2 is on and bluetooth advertisement is active on NRF51-DK.

The post was edited 1 time, last by secondbest ().