[SOLVED] scripting the logging process for RTT Viewer or anything similar

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] scripting the logging process for RTT Viewer or anything similar

Hello,

My problem is related to Logging of data posted on Terminal 0 of J-LINK RTT VIEWER V6.32.
    Data is written to the terminal using SEGGER_RTT_WriteString2 function as my board does not include UART support.
    I have successfully achieved logging using the keyboard shortcuts.
    I intend to make the process autonomous needing least intervention (single input from user) using J-LINK Script file to achieve this?
    The end goal would be for the JLink to output the data to a program such as a terminal or a text document in a format that the contract manufacturer can interface to via a script that parses data for them (so that they can automatically insert it into their tracking database without copy and paste).
    Other options besides the RTT Viewer are welcome also."

Sincerely,
    Akul Swami
  • Hello Akul,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    In your usecase the J-Link SDK would be best fitting: segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/
    With the SDK you can write your own application initializing all J-Link features e.g. RTT.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.