[SOLVED] jtag interface not working between stm32f723 and jtrace pro

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] jtag interface not working between stm32f723 and jtrace pro

Hi,
    I am using ozone to download by code on stm32f723 (on a custom board). When I set the interface to SWD, it works fine but it does not work when the interface is set to jtag (even with 100kHz freq).
    The progress bar in lower left corner says CPU running.

I have all the jtag signals connected (tms, tck, tdo, tdi, #rst, clk, dtrace0 -3)

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks,
    AQ

Ozone V2.56v
    Jtrace Pro
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Does a general connect with JTAG work?
    Could you post an excerpt from your debug interface schematic that shows how the JTAG signals are wired?
    Could you measure the signals with an oscilloscope and see if the expected voltage levels are reached?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,
    Attached the schematic, a screen capture of IDE and the log of console when it tries to connect.
    I ruled out a hardware issue as i was able to connect using True Studio from STM (eclipse based IDE).

Let me know what you think can be an issue.
    Thanks,
    AQ
    Images
    • schematic.png

86.59 kB, 1,795×665, viewed 312 times
    • screen.png

329.15 kB, 1,920×1,200, viewed 284 times
    Files
    • log.txt

(3.87 kB, downloaded 245 times, last: )
  • Hello,

Thank you for your additional information.

sabdulqadir wrote:

The progress bar in lower left corner says CPU running.
    I could not see that with the provided pictures.

sabdulqadir wrote:

I ruled out a hardware issue as i was able to connect using True Studio from STM (eclipse based IDE).
    Are you certain JTAG was used in that case and not SWD?

Could you post a screenshot of a J-Link Commander connect using JTAG?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

Could you also post a log file of the failing session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

Best regards,

Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Nino,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Attached the requested screen shot and log file.
    Please let me know what you find out.

Also I am 'watching' this thread. It appears in my watched threads window. But i still do not get any email notifications when you post a reply here.

Help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    AQ
  • Hello,

Unfortunately the attachment did not make it into your post, could you try to add it again?

sabdulqadir wrote:

Also I am 'watching' this thread. It appears in my watched threads window. But i still do not get any email notifications when you post a reply here.
    Check your notification settings in your profile settings if they are set to send you an e-mail or just an webbrowser notification.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello,

Thank you for providing the logs.
    According to the screenshot and logs connect works but only after reset. This indicates that on the target an application is running that is in some way interfering with the debug interface so J-Link can't access the core once the application runs.
    This can be due to sleep modes, WFIs or muxing the debug pins to another function.
    Does one of this points fit to the application you are using?
    If yes you will need to disable that part of code otherwise J-Link can't access the target device for debugging afterwards.

Best regards,
    Nino