[SOLVED] Flasher ATE - NRF52832 support; TCP/IP readback command

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher ATE - NRF52832 support; TCP/IP readback command

Hi all,
    I just got a new ATE Flasher and ran into beginner's problems:
    * I cannot connect to NRF52832AAA via SWD - I get the message "Selected interface (SWD) is not supported by the connected probe"
    It works with STM32F091, but not with NRF52832

* I don't know how I can read the content of MCU registers over TCP/IP - I need to read the content of FICR.DEVICEADDR[0] and FICR.DEVICEADDR[1] registers.
    This is quite important, I have to collect the BD_ADDR of each programmed device to check its operation during production. I guess that I will need an SDK for this purpose, but I'll be glad if you'll prove me wrong.

Best regards,
    Krzysztof Zalewski

----

edit:
    I shouldn't connect to the flasher using the Target->Connect option, the message that the interface wasn't supported was misleading. I was wrong, STM32F091 did not work either, which is obvious now.
    I get the impression that the SDK will not be useful here. J-Mem or any other program will not be able to read the memory of the microcontroller connected to the programming module.

Do you have any idea how to read registers with a unique microcontroller number?

----

edit 2:
    I see only three options:
    1. Supply the flasher with a script file that will read register values and dump them to the log file - but unfortunately the flasher does not seem to support .jlinkscript files. Only .pex are supported and AFAIK they cannot be generated by user.
    2. Ask Segger for a customized Flasher firmware.
    3. Replace Flasher ATE with another programmer that is capable of reading MCU unique IDs during production.

The post was edited 2 times, last by bliink ().

• Closed due to mail support.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.