[ABANDONED] Atmel Studio to Embedded Studio (AS7->SES)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Atmel Studio to Embedded Studio (AS7->SES)

Hello Forum,
    i have a larger Atmel Start Project for Atmel SAME54 in Atmel Studio 7.
    Is there a way to change with this to embedded studio ?
    There are import functions for IAR and others but nothing for Atmel.
    And is it possible to use a project in embedded studio for linux and windows ?
    The files are the same but the paths names are not the same.
    How can this be handled ?
    Thanks
    Thomas
  • Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently there is no automated way to import AS7 projects to ES.
    But this can be accomplished manually.

tom2 wrote:

And is it possible to use a project in embedded studio for linux and windows ?
    Embedded Studio is multi-platform software so you can use the same ES project on Linux, Windows and MacOS.

tom2 wrote:

The files are the same but the paths names are not the same.
    How can this be handled ?
    You can use relative paths to counter this issue.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I created a new embedded studio project for my SAME54 target and added the sources from AS7 project.
    After successful compiling the sources without errors and warnings the linker starts.
    Then i got this:

1> Linking k3.elf
    1> "R:/program-win7-ssd/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 4.10/bin/segger-ld" --add-region FLASH=0x00100000@0x00000000 --add-region RAM=0x00040000@0x20000000 --defsym=__STACKSIZE__=1024 --defsym=__STACKSIZE_PROCESS__=0 --defsym=__HEAPSIZE__=1024 --full-section-headers -ereset_handler --defsym=__vfprintf=__vfprintf_int_nwp --defsym=__vfscanf=__vfscanf_int -v --fatal-warnings -EL -mcpu=cortex-m4 --gc-sections -TR:/k3/SAME54P20A/SES/SEGGER_Flash.icf -Map Output/Debug/Exe/k3.map -u_vectors -o Output/Debug/Exe/k3.elf --emit-relocs --start-group "@R:/k3/SAME54P20A/SES/Output/k3 Debug/Obj/k3.ind" --end-group
    Build failed

How can the reason be found for such a "build failed" without further hints ?

Thanks
    Thomas
  • Hello Forum,
    i looked in the details and found that the problem is with the linker named "segger-ld".
    I moved the project to SES in Ubuntu 64Bit and checked there, problem stays the same.
    I copied the linker cmd line to a bash and executed manually in $(ProjectDir).
    The segger-ld smashes a "Speicherzugriffsfehler" what is now visible, but not in the SE output window, why not ?
    I started the same command with a strace in front to see what happens, here the interesting part of output:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/segger_embedded_studio_for_arm_4.10/lib/libvfscanf_v7em_fpv4_sp_d16_hard_t_le_eabi.o", O_RDONLY) = 3
    fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=26536, ...}) = 0
    fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=26536, ...}) = 0
    lseek(3, 24576, SEEK_SET) = 24576
    read(3, "scanf_long_long\0.rel.text.libc._"..., 1960) = 1960
    lseek(3, 0, SEEK_SET) = 0
    brk(0x23bd000) = 0x23bd000
    read(3, "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0(\0\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 24576) = 24576
    read(3, "scanf_long_long\0.rel.text.libc._"..., 4096) = 1960
    close(3) = 0
    brk(0x23de000) = 0x23de000
    brk(0x23ff000) = 0x23ff000
    brk(0x2420000) = 0x2420000
    --- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SEGV_MAPERR, si_addr=NULL} ---
    +++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++
    Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Seems that segger-ld behind all project .obj tries at last to read in "libvfscanf_v7em_fpv4_sp_d16_hard_t_le_eabi.o" and dies after that.
    I can't find the "Speicherabzug" where is it written to ?
    Could it be a problem with the large number of source files (97) or something ?

Thanks
    Thomas
  • Hello Thomas,

Would it be possible for you to provide us with the project for reproduction purposes so we can investigate this further?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.