[ABANDONED] Segger Flasher ARM does not work in standalone with CYBLE-022001-00

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Segger Flasher ARM does not work in standalone with CYBLE-022001-00

Hi,

We use the Flasher ARM in standalone mode in production for Cypress' CYBLE-022001-00. Right now, the Flasher can only work through JFlash, not in standalone mode. In standalone, the red LED lights up when I press the "Start" button, whereas everything goes smoothly with JFlash.

I'm using JFlash v6.40, and the firmware in the Flasher is up-to-date with that version (accepted the firmware upgrade prompt when opening JFlash). I clicked "Download config & data file to Flasher" with success.

What's weird is that once a device has been programmed - or even only "connected" - with JFlash, then the standalone mode works perfectly on that specific device.

I've seen similar threads where the solution was an upcoming new software version, but the device was not the same as ours (CYBLE-022001-00).

Thank you,

Fred
  • Hi Fred,

I tried to reproduce your issue with our CYBLE-022001-00 eval board. I cannot see the described behavior.

When can you observe this behavior?
    Is it reproducable when you do a power cycle on the chip and try to program it again in standalone mode?
    Can you reprogram a already programmed device after a power cycle?

Can you send us your jflash-project file, too?

Best regards,

Michael Fuhs
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for answering. It has to be on a device that has never been programmed. After having been programmed once, either by the Flasher ARM or by a Miniprog3, there is no problem in standalone.

Yes, doing a power cycle manually does not change the behavior.

Do you have an email so I can send you the project-file?

Fred
  • Hi Fred,

I checked your JFlash project file. That looks fine and I can program test data into the chip with it.

The data file seems to be wrong. It includes some data which do not fit into the Flash at address 0x9060000. That is the option byte for the Flash Protection. The value in your test file says it is not secured. So you could remove and it will work.

Securing this Chip is not supported out of the box, yet.

Best regards,
    Michael Fuhs
  • Hi Michael,

It is indeed custom hardware, but I will try to reproduce the issue with a CYBLE-022001-EVAL. As the problem only happens in standalone mode and not with JFlash, I believe it will be reproducible. The Flasher ARM is currently not in office, I'll update this thread once I get it.

Thank you for you time,

Fred