[SOLVED] Support for Cypress FL-L

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Support for Cypress FL-L

Hi!
      Using emFile (V4.04g), I have been stuck on trying to get my Cypress (Spansion) FL-L S25FL256L NOR flash chips (SPI connected) to work (using an EFM32GG11B MCU).
      The library says it supports the closely related FL-S chips (e.g. S25FL256S), however, I have noticed several differences between the -L and the -S, which are causing problems with emFile.
      The differences include different status register definitions, multiple configuration registers, different block sizes...
      I have tried implementing these changes, however, emFile fails immediately during the erase verification prior to the low level format.
      Even when I managed to get past the LL format, it still failed during the HL format.
      Is there any chance you will add support for the FL-L flash chips? Or can you help with this issue?
      Thank you!
      Files
    • Hello,

We plan to add support for the Cypress S25FL256L device but I cannot give you a fixed availability date.
      We will try to have it ready by the beginning of next year.

Best regards,
      Marius
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.