[SOLVED] Ozone: SWO issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone: SWO issues

Hello Nino,

I noticed another problem:
    The activation of SWO fails at startup. I need to configure it manually. This is the Output I get:

>> Disabled output of control characters
    >> SWO active
    >> failed to activate SWO data capture: SWO trace cannot be started: invalid core frequency
    >> SWO inactive

Is it possible to activate SWO when breaking at main() ?

Kind regards
    Andreas
  • Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    How are you activating SWO in Ozone? Did you enable it under Tools->Trace Settings->SWO?
    Are CPU and SWO speed selected as auto?
    How are you using SWO in your application? Keep in mind that Ozone currently only supports printf messages over SWO but no trace.
    Trace over SWO will be added at a later point.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

when I start Ozone, I normally load one of my pre-configured "jdebug" files. SWO is activated in these files. But when start Debugging, it connects to the Target and breaks at "main". Then I see that SWO cannot start.
    I've selected anything as "auto" and I use SWO only for printf now.

Kind regards
    Andreas
  • Hello,

Which target device are you looking to use SWO on?
    Some require extra init steps. More device specific special cases can be found on our wiki.segger.com website.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Andreas,

Thank you for clarifying.
    The issue was reproducible with the mentioned setup.
    A fix has already been applied and should be available with the enxt Ozone release planned for this week.
    To stay up to date with our releases we recommend subscribing to our notification list: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=178,7

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello Andreas,

The new Ozone version has been released. Could you verify that it is working with your setup as well?

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello Andreas,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino