[SOLVED] BlueNRG-2 Failed to download RAMCode!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] BlueNRG-2 Failed to download RAMCode!

Hi Segger,

I am currently working on Bluenrg-2 with J-Flasher.

If Hex file is downloaded to BlueNRG2 using ST-Link, it will download normally but if downloading using J-Flasher, error occurs as below.
    or

Below is a picture of the j-flasher's No. 1 pin with a scope.

Why is there a warning about VTarget when VTref monitor Function is Disable?(See photo below)

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    J-Link requires VTref to function, otherwise supported voltage levels of the target are unknown: segger.com/products/debug-prob…gy/interface-description/
    So you need to connect the target supply voltage to Pin 1 of the debug interface.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you.

But I want to know why the above error should not occur even though the target power is connected to J-Flasher pin 1.
    I am not understand.

ST-LINKER normally downloads, but only J-Flasher causes trouble.

Please help me.
  • Hello,

ST-Link is a J-Link OB and does not need to use VTref as OBs are only used with 3.3 V targets.
    External J-Links however work from 1.2 V to 5 V.
    That is why VTref/Pin 1 needs to be connected to the target supply voltage.
    Alternatively you can also use J-Link Commander with comand VTREF.
    The syntax is

Source Code

1. VTREF <ValuemV>
    More information can be found in the J-Link user guide UM08001.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.