[ABANDONED] Compiler errors in STL with clang

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Compiler errors in STL with clang

Hello Segger Team,

I’m getting some errors when using STL with the CLANG compiler, gcc is working fine. I’ve attached an example to demonstrate this errors.

You can remove the first error by setting the compiler option -fno-signed-char but I think the project behavior should be same without setting extra options for each compiler.

Could you take a look at this compiler errors?

Best Regards
    Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by Masmiseim ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The issue was reproducible with the example project. We will investigate further and notify you once we have more information.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

the following compiler options should remove the issues you are seeing.
    In project options add to "Additional C++ Compiler Only Options" add -fno-signed-char and -Wno-narrowing

This should fix the errors you are seeing.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

Tanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, there are still problems. When switching the ‘Wide Character Size’ Option to 16-bit. CLANG is creating an error while GCC is working.

Do you have also a solution for this?

Best Regards
    Files
    • CLANG.7z

(259.6 kB, downloaded 245 times, last: )