Wrong touch coordinates detection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wrong touch coordinates detection

Hi,

I'm developing a user interface on a 320x240 display, with 4-wire analog touch interface. Everything is working well, just touch seems to be to much rough.
      Our problem is that, even if we calibrate the touchscreen with a 9 points method, still persist a lot of wrong revealed touch: i.e., with reference to the image attacched, finger is pressed on the button '+' (45x45 pixels), but the library detect a touch on the slider, at least 20 pixels over the button itself.

Calibration is done run-time: once the user has touched all the required points, whose x and y values are retrieved through GUI_TOUCH_GetState() and used to build-up a 2-dimensional array. At the end, logical points and their corresponding ADC values are passed to GUI_TOUCH_CalcCoefficients() to let emWin evaluate calibration coefficients; finally, calibration is automatically enabled with GUI_TOUCH_EnableCalibration(1) so that analog data passed to GUI_PID_StoreState() are already calibrated.
      This is how we implemented calibration.

Using a smaller object, such as a pen, to touch the screen instead of the finger, we can achieve a little better result, but wrong points detection keep to exist.
      Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Many thanks
      Andrea
      Images
      • Immagine.jpg

975.07 kB, 2,605×1,525, viewed 389 times
    • Hi,

From emWin side there is not much you can do. emWin just uses the data passed to it.

I suggest to debounce the touch input before passing it to emWin. This way you can filter out those values which are causing the issues.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.