[SOLVED] JFlash to erase only sectors touched by the loaded file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JFlash to erase only sectors touched by the loaded file

Hi,

In the JFlash tool, when I load a file, I would like to erase pages that are touched by the loaded file only, automatically.
    I mean, if my file starts from 0x2000, ends at 0x3fff, I would like to erase related pages only (given a page is 0x0800, only 4 pages). The tool should automatically understand what pages are involved and erase them
    Is it possible to add this option in the manual programming menu? Along with other erase options?
    It would be great to have the list of sectors involved too.

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Most internal Flashes only support sector erase and chip erase. Usually sectors are 64 kB.
    J-Link always does sector erase automatically. To work around this behaviour read-modify-write can be activated for larger Flash regions.
    More information can be found here: wiki.segger.com/Read-Modify-Write_Flash

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.